Separation Technology Research
The research has emphasized on enhancement of selectivity for extracting metal ions with similar charge; i.e. ions of metals in the lanthanide and actinide series which are found in certain parts of the country. Both chemical reaction and simultaneous extraction/stripping have been utilized for the research. Separation of gaseous mixtures with adsorption has also been studied in order to reduce energy consumption of separation processes, especially removal of dilute impurities and relatively low temperature separation. In addition, various adsorbents have been produced from local resources; i.e. volcanic rock and agricultural waste, under appropriate conditions, in particular at low temperature.
- Development of hybrid aerobic/anaerobic bioreactor systems for biological wastewater treatment, and bioprocess (e.g. food processing and cell cultivation).
- Water resource utilisation and reuse
- Wannachod, T., Hronec, M., Soták, T., Fulajtárová, K., Pancharoen, U., Nootong, K. Influence of salt on the solubility and tie-line data for water + formic acid + methyl isobutyl ketone at T = 298.15 K. 2016. Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data 61 (7) , 2433-2439.
- Wannachod, T., Hronec, M., Soták, T., Fulajtárová, K., Pancharoen, U., Arpornwichanop, A. Effects of salt on the LLE and tie-line data for furfuryl alcohol – N-butanol-water at T = 298.15 K. 2016. Journal of Molecular Liquids 218 , 50-58.
- Homsirikamol, C., Sunsandee, N., Pancharoen, U., Nootong, K. Synergistic extraction of amoxicillin from aqueous solution by using binary mixtures of Aliquat 336, D2EHPA and TBP. 2016. Separation and Purification Technology 162 , 30-36.
- Kunthakudee, N., Sunsandee, N., Pancharoen, U., Ramakul, P. Separation of yttrium from rare earth using hollow fiber-supported liquid membrane: factorial design analysis. 2016. Desalination and Water Treatment 57 (9) , 3985-3994.
- Wannachod, T., Wongsawa, T., Ramakul, P., Pancharoen, U., Kheawhom, S. The synergistic extraction of uranium ions from monazite leach solution via HFSLM and its mass transfer. 2016. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 33 , 246-254.